Sometimes you just need a little sweetness in your life. It doesn’t have to be an edible treat per se, but why not? Something to savor- a good book, a nice candle, a coffee. On our way to the park last week, we had just this in mind. It started out as a stop for coffee but then I saw these ranunculus’ (my all time favorite flower) and had to treat myself- a little Spring time blooms to cheer up our home. Then, we saw the bread pudding in the bistro cooler case while we were getting our coffee. It was a must indulge. And yes, they heat it up to go for us! It’s the little things, right?
36th Street Garden Center
3823 N Garden Center Way
Boise, Idaho 83703
Enjoy your weekend!
For your weekend reading & viewing, here are 5 things that I’ve enjoyed this week:
1. Reading book no. 3 of The Flower Shop Mystery series by Kate Collins; they are easy to read, light and fun. Perfect “me time” reads during nap time.
2. Researching Toyota FJ60’s.
I have always been an old car lover, so it doesn’t surprise me that this one
on Craigslist has become my new dream car. I prefer the 80’s models but it’s still older then I am so it’s alright.
3. Viewing Ace and Jig styling online- I can’t get over how unexpected their layering is. I loved reading about Cary
, one half of the pair behind the brand on Mother Mag.
4. Watching duckling videos on YouTube with Lou- she’s obsessed with any baby animal but ducklings are at the top of the list (for her and me both).
5. Listening to Andrew Belle on Pandora. His music is so relaxing to me yet also keeps me motivated when I’m working on something. A good combo indeed!
Even with short winters here in Boise, the season can get long for a warm-weather-lover like myself. So having fun events to look forward to is imperative for me! One of the fun events we like to plan to attend during the winter is the McCall Winter Carnival. It’s a fun chance to get up in the mountains, walk around the little resort town sipping on hot cocoa or coffee, and enjoy the scenery. There are always multiple snow sculptures to see around town, making just a simple stroll a fun adventure!