One of the many fun things about my job is that I get to participate in the photo shoots for our Instagram page. Who doesn’t love a good photo shoot? So last week, our trend focus was nautical and I am seriously in love with infusing a little of the trend into otherwise blah winter outfits. It’s hard to believe we really are into the Spring season, and even though it may not feel all too warm quite yet, it is fun to start shedding the many winter layers of black! Here is an easy take on the nautical trend with just jeans and tees.
left: tee // denim right: tee // denim
During the cooler months, an easy way to add the nautical theme to any outfit is all about layering the right pieces. Here are the key elements!
striped tee // skirt // high waisted denim
I hope you all are having a great Monday!
Today I got an email reminding me that the Farmstead Corn Maze season is close by! Yeah, I sign up for spam emails like that. But only because fall activities are my absolute favorite and I just can’t wait for all the festivities! And as I am writing this post, there is a massive wind storm- I can almost dream it is blowing in cooler weather to change the leaves to pretty bright colors, but I do believe that is wishful thinking! A few of my favorite Fall things:
1. Hot Apple Cider
2. Fall Leaves
3. Chunky Sweaters- love this one from Anthro, Urban Outfitters, and Shopbop
4. Plaid Scarves- I’m really impressed with this one by OLSONBOYE
5. Tall Boots- Frye’s are my favorite!
7. Anything Pumpkin Spice!
What are your fall favorites?
As a marketer and clothing lover, I find it a lot of fun to check out catalogs. It’s not only for the purchasing options, but also for the visual layouts and creativeness of the whole effect. Here are a few of my favorite catalogs to sign up for!
1. Anthropologie: obviously! But seriously, the layouts feel more like a high fashion/travel magazine mixed together with the best of style.
2. Boden: this British catalog has modest clothes in the brightest and most fun prints and colors.
3. Free People: I’m so impressed with the outfit styling in this catalog; The layering is seriously amazing!
4. Madewell: clean, crisp, yet mixed with cool tomboy, Madewell’s style is one that will last forever. The styling is like J.Crew mixed with a 70’s flare. This makes sense as the two brands are owned by the same company!
Have a good Wednesday!