I have a handful of recipes that are my “go-to’s” for quick week night meals. And when I say handful, I mean that- I have probably five favorite quick recipes to throw things together in the crockpot for easy meals that hardly require any thought. This recipe is incredibly easy and so yummy!
Creamy Salsa Crockpot Chicken
Makes 4 servings
3-4 chicken breasts (I even put them in the crockpot frozen!)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. salsa (I used just plain ol’ Pace chunky mild salsa)
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less if you don’t want any bite)
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup of shredded mexican style cheese
extra sour cream and salsa for garnishing
1. Line your crockpot with a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner (seriously- it makes clean up so much easier!) Place the chicken on the bottom of the crock pot- like I said, I put the chicken in frozen and it turned out just fine!
2. Mix together the sour cream, salsa, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
3. Cook on high for 8 hours (I cooked on high because the chicken was frozen but if you use thawed chicken, cook on low).
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken 10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve over brown rice and with a garnish of sour cream and salsa.
If you are looking to buy a crockpot, I have included two here. I have the crockpot on the right- it’s simple, yet does the trick! There are some neat features available nowadays though- the crock on the left allows for programming, which would be nice! But as you can see, there is quite a price difference.
Do you have any favorite crockpot meals?
[shareaholic app=”ad_spaces” id=”21f2c3591781fb1b6590839f8387132a”]