If you follow me on Instagram, you know that my roses are blooming and I am loving having fresh cut flowers in the house; And I had forgotten how heavenly they smell! I am quite a sucker for a bunch of fresh blooms- they just add a little touch of something. I tend to stick with uniform bouquets of a single type of flower- while it definitely is pretty, I think a masterfully created bouquet of different florals is quite a skill that I want to know more of! A while ago, I read this article in Vogue and had to share Sandra de Ovando’s 5 tips to floral arrangements:
1. Visualize the end product—you have to know what it will look like before you start.
2. Choose the color palette—we like to work with three different colors and recommend going monochromatic. There should be something soothing about them.
3. Choose a container that is appropriate for the size, which depends on the size of the flowers. It has to be in proportion, meaning the same amount of flowers in relation to the vase.
4. Start with your bigger flowers, then the smaller ones. The large ones mark the territory and act as boundaries.
5. Turn the arrangement as you make it so it’s beautiful from all angles.
-Sandra de Ovando, via Vogue
For inspiration, I love visiting Taylor Tomasi Hill’s instagram, @tthblooms. Her arrangements are a dream, and hopefully when my peonies bloom in the next few weeks I can recreate hers!
I have also included another post about flower arrangements by Christina-Lauren from Inspirations and Celebrations– enjoy!